Automatic / manual dosing and Nitric Oxide monitor
See all products of NOXtec 1000
NOXtec 1000 is a medical device which both dosifies and monitors the supply of nitric oxide (NO).
NO is a gaseous vasodilator used to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension. It is supplied to the patients mixed with medical oxygen. NOXtec 1000 supplies a stable dosis throughout the therapy, even triggering an automatic exchange of the cylinders (it can harbor two cylinders) if needed.
NOXtec calculates automatically the necessary dosing flow, thanks to a breathing flow sensor applied to the patient’s circuit. Alternatively, the dosing flow can be set manually.
Thanks to the continuous sampling of the NO-O2 mixture flow supplied, NOXtec is able to monitorize the NO concentration that the patient is receiving, and to check if this value is placed within predetermined thresholds.
NOXtec 1000 also monitors trace quantities of nitrous oxide (NO2) in the mixture, a highly toxic gas which can compromise the patient’s safety during the treatment. NOXtec 1000 triggers an alarm when this trace surpasses a threshold value.
- Dosing and monitoring modules and user interface independent from each other to guarantee the patients' safety.
- Automatic cylinder exchange to increase the treatment autonomy and optimize the gas consumption.
- Automatic calibration procedure to minimize the NO2 supplied to the patient at the beginning of the treatment and during the cylinder exchange, and also to depressurize the system when the device is not in use.
- Automatic calibration of the NO, NO2 and O2 sensors, available even when the devices is off.
- Dosing mode options: Real Time, Automatic, Semi-automatic or Manual.
- NOXtec includes an emergency manual dosing mode, which can be used even when the device is off.
- Negligible liberation of NO to the environment. The device includes a purge outlet to gather and canalize the residual gas.
- Hot wire and differential pressure technologies for the external breathing flow sensors.
- Ethernet port for remote technical assistance.
- USB port to retrieve therapy data files.